Among the things I love about living in Hanwell are the great parks, the canal I can walk, run or cycle beside, easy access to Ealing and London, the great schools (I teach in one of them!), the fantastic sense of community here and events that encourage this (we recently had the Hanwell Hootie)...and The Clocktower café!
I'm very fortunate to only work four days a week, so I love to visit the café on my day off each Friday. It's a great place to relax and hang out!
What do I love most about this café?
- I love the quirky, vintage interior and the different array of seating from bar stools to armchairs and sofas to benches with cushions – a very ‘homely’ environment in which to unwind
- I love the fact that I always bump into someone I know from the local area – it really is a great place to connect with others from the community
- I love the fresh, authentic, home-made food that is available from breakfast to brunch and lunch – not to mention the delicious cakes that are pretty irresistible (the Battenberg being a favourite!)
- I love the slowed-down, relaxed feeling you get there – you are never hurried away – you are always made to feel very welcome by the staff
- I love the fact that it's on my doorstep so I can enjoy it as often as I like – it really is one of Hanwell’s great treasures
It's good to discover places where you can hang out, and be refreshed from the busyness of life.
I love gathering with the Redeemer community on Sundays to know God’s refreshing and empowering presence in our lives
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest (Matthew 11:28)
And one of the early church leaders explained the truth of gathering together:
...that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord... (Acts 3:20)
Why not come and hang out this Sunday?
I trust that you will also feel welcomed, feel that you have 'come home’, enjoy the coffee and cakes, and know something of God’s peace for you in the busyness of your life.